Tuesday, April 15, 2014

KEEP SMILING

"Keep smiling because life is a beautiful thing and there is so much to smile about."
Marilyn Monroe

Blink, and it's mid April. 

A hectic schedule of back to back events and planning for upcoming overseas trip has taken up majority of my time. Whatever free time that I have now is distributed among sleep, family and friends. Though I'm busier than before, I'm enjoying it. 

April got off on a rocky start and I was thankful that I had work to keep occupied. The last two weeks had to be the unhappiest period in recent years. I have always been a cheerful person by nature, so it was a surprise to me and my closest friends when we realised how badly affected I was by what happened. 

I'm one who doesn't like my loved ones to see me upset, so I have been maintaining a strong front and putting on a false happy mask recently. It has taken a toil on me, both mentality and physically. 

After a putting myself through all this unhappiness for the two weeks, I decided that I had enough. So, after a good cry last night (I can't remember when was the last time I cried), I said a prayer and decided that I was going to let go of what wasn't meant to be. 

For the first time since April arrived, I woke up feeling happy and energised despite getting only three hours of sleep. It was like the huge stone had been lifted from my heart and I could finally breathe. I didn't have to put on any mask when I stepped out of the house earlier. Turning my face towards the sky, with the sunshine shining on my face, I finally smiled, a genuine smile from the bottom of my heart. Another first in April. 

I have no idea how certain matters will turn out in the near future but what I do know is that no matter what the outcome, be it a happy or unhappy ending, I will be able to handle it. Cause the cheerful me is finally back. 

To those who's having a hard time, remember this:

"Happiness is not the absence of problems, it's the ability to deal with them."
Steve Maraholi

They always say happiness is a journey, not a destination, so I hope that everyone is enjoying your journey. 

Till the next, have a blessed day ahead. 

No comments: