Saturday, January 18, 2014

THE BEST OF 2013 - INSTAGRAM

Hi guys!

I'm back with part two of "The Best of 2013" and as you can see from the cover photo, it's going to be on my journey on Instagram. For those of you who do not know what Instagram is (don't be surprised, I have many friends who have no inkling what Instagram is all about), it's a social networking application that allows you to take and share photos and videos online. The distinctive feature of Instagram is that it confines photos to a square shape. 
When I first started Instagram, it was merely for the various filters for photo editing purposes. It then became sort of an online journal to document the bits and pieces of my life. In 2012, I started posting swatches of my manicures and continue documenting life moments. 
2013 saw a change in direction when I started trying minimalist photography. I started sharing less of life moments and focused more instead on photography which I realized I enjoyed doing more. There are so many talented and amazing photographers on Instagram and every day I'm inspired by their photos. 
For some, Instagram is like a popularity contest but it's a source of inspiration and a place for me to learn and improve. It's not about the number of likes a photo of mine gets but how I can constantly improve on my photography and styling. A year ago I never thought I would be able to take photos shown in the collage above but because of Instagram, I got out of my comfort zone and pushed myself to explore another form of photography and have not look back. Not only that, I have also met some really wonderful people through Instagram and forged many strong friendships which I'm thankful for.
It has been nothing short of an amazing journey on Instagram in 2013 and I have selected nine of my favorite/best photos to document this wonderful journey. 

I update my Instagram account regularly and many of the photos including swatches of my manicures don't make their way here at times, so if you are interested to join me on another year of journey on Instagram, you can follow me at @gracecharity or click here

That's all for today and I hope you'd enjoyed "The Best of 2013" so far. Will be back with the final series soon so check back again. Meantime, stay healthy, happy and have a fabulous weekend!

No comments: