Wednesday, October 30, 2013

PERTH TRAVEL DIARY V

Good Wednesday everyone!

How's your week been so far? Mine's pretty good but I can't believe we are almost at the end of October. Less than two months to Christmas and saying goodbye to the year. Usually I will be getting excited about Christmas by this time but so far the feeling hasn't hit me yet. It's gonna be a different Christmas this year but I shall save that for another day. 

Moving on, I'm happy to say that I've finally finished sifting through the remaining photos for the Perth trip! So here's part five of the Perth Travel Diary. 
Day six which was also the second last day of the trip was spent in the city which hasn't changed much since the last time I was there. What was more important was enjoying the company of my cousins, Teryn and Wayne. Joining us for the day was Yeng, friend of Wayne. 
After an afternoon of window shopping it was time to tend to our growling tummies. Been meaning to try out Chocolateria San Churro having drove past it several times but each time we were either going to have lunch or too full from lunch, so this was the perfect day to try it before the trip ends. 

As we had to save some tummy space for dinner, we decided to order the Choc Fudge Bizcocho (rich chocolate cake smothered in hot chocolate fudge sauce, topped with strawberries and white chocolate ice cream), Strawberry Bizcocho Cup (a combo of chocolate cake, strawberries, chilled custard and milk chocolate), Classic Fondue for 2 (fondue of melted dark chocolate with mini churros, chocolate brownie, banana, strawberries, meringue and pretzels) to share. 

First bite into the churro and I was hooked! It tasted way better than the ones I had tried in Los Angeles and the dark chocolate dip was heavenly! Whoever came up with the divine combination of churro and dark chocolate was a genius!

132 James Street
Northbridge, Western Australia, 6003
Opening hours: Sunday - Thursday 12pm - 11pm // Friday - Saturday 12pm - 1am
Tummies filled, it was time to call it a day with a leisure drive around the city before sending Yeng back and making our way home for dinner. 

We all have different ideas of the perfect holiday. It may be endless shopping sprees or exploring and learning about the different cultures. I belong to the second group where exploring wins hands down over shopping. Ultimately, what's happiest for me is being in the company of my loved ones; the endless bouts of laughter and fun. That to me, is the perfect holiday.

No comments: