Saturday, June 01, 2013

NAILS TALK: DARLING DIVA POLISH BETHANY AND HONEY DO

Hi guys! I'm back with another installment of Nails Talk.

Today I have another two polishes from Darling Diva Polish to share with you. After trying out my first polish from Darling Diva Polish which you can read about it here and here, I was really impress with the formula and decided to grab another two more from Mei Mei's Signatures. In fact I had a hard time choosing two that I really like cause all of Darling Diva Polish's polishes are so gorgeous!

First up is Bethany, a yellow jelly base polish filled with purple square glitters, purple hexagon glitters in different sizes, tiny pink glitters and a fine sprinkling of holographic glitters. I rarely wear yellow polishes, in fact this is the second yellow polish that I own. I chose this because of the unique color combination of yellow and purple, somehow I'm always drawn towards this color combination.
I expected some fishing of glitters when I first received this, because of the huge amount square glitters but amazingly, that did not happen at all. Formula wise, I really have no complaints at all. It didn't turn goopy despite being exposed to the air. Application was also smooth, two coats was all I needed to reach opacity. Best of all, it wasn't a top coat eater, I only need one coat of Seche Vite top coat.


Next up is Honey Do, a white crelly base polish with a refreshing mix of salmon pink and green hexagon glitters in different sizes. I'm not really a huge fan of white based polishes but when I saw this, I fell in love with it immediately! The unique color combination reminds me of so many things; Spring, a bowl of fruits salad and somehow Christmas. Because it was not heavily tinted, it looks really delicate and soft which was what I have been searching for.
I understand that some people had to fish around for the larger hexagon glitters but I didn't experienced that with mine. The photos below shows three coats of Honey Do with a coat of Seche Vite top coat. I really like how this turned out, it looks really squishy and has the effect of a jelly sandwich mani too.

If you are not a fan of the translucent look, then I would suggest layering Honey Do over a white or cream base color.

Darling Diva polishes are available on her Etsy store, Mei Mei's Signatures and Llarowe. Do also like their respective pages at Darling Diva Facebook page, Mei Mei's Signatures Facebook page and Llarowe Facebook page for updates, news and information.

No comments: