Wednesday, June 19, 2013

NAILS TALK: BIRTHDAY NAILS

Hi guys!

I'm finally back with another post for Nails Talk! Apologies for the lack of updates lately, work and birthday celebrations took up most of my time since last week. Yes, I turned another year older yesterday and this birthday has got to be one of the most memorable one in recent years. While I was away on a work trip in Vietnam last year on my birthday, this year, I got to spend it in sunny, humid and hazy Singapore with my loved ones! Shall leave that for another post.

As the title shows, I'm going to show you guys the manicure which I did for my birthday. Since I'm a fond lover of polka dots, I decided to have a dotticure to celebrate the special day.
For this manicure, I chose two colors from the new JulieG Frosted Gumdrops collection; Blueberry Fizz for the base on the index and ring finger with Sugar Rush for the polka dots. For the middle finger and pinky, I switched the colors around.

Thanks to Cheryl from PurrpleCatClaws who helped me to get these two colors along with another two more (Rock Candy and Crushed Candy).
Blueberry Fizz is a light silvery blue and I really adore this metallic shade! It's looks great on its own and with top coat.

Sugar Rush is a coral shade leaning more towards red, with gold shimmer and glitters. As you can see from the photo above, it does look more orangey but it's definitely a red.

Chose this color combination because blue and red are two of my favorite colors when it comes to polishes!

Formula wise, both shades were easy to work with. Although they were a little thick, I had no issues with application. Both shades reached opacity easily, requiring only two coats each. No top coat was used in the two photos above. Even though they are textured polishes, they were not rough to the touch, it feels just like touching a sand paper.
For the photo above, I applied a coat of top coat. It's really hard for me to say which one I prefer since the shades look great both ways.

Textured polishes are the trend this year and I really do love this trend as compared to the crackles. I have a couple more of textured polishes in my stash and I can't wait to swatch them all and blog about them. For those of you who are still holding out on textured polishes, I would say these are great options to try out as they are pretty cheap. Even if you do not like them, at least you won't have to spend much.

JulieG polishes retail on JessesGirlCosmetics.com at USD3.99 each and they shipped internationally.

Hope you guys like this manicure and I will be back with more updates soon! Folks in Singapore, do drink more water and rest well especially now because of the haze.

No comments: