Thursday, June 06, 2013

Hello June

Life is like a song, sing along
On and on and on it lingers on, come along
Piece together phrases in a funny way
Life is like a song
~曲婉婷, << Life Is Like A Song >>, 2012~


I can't believe that the first six months just flew past and we are now in June. It seems like a while ago then we just celebrated New Year's Day and welcome a brand new year and now we are already at the half way mark of 2013. 

Of all the twelve months in a year, June has got to be my most favorite month as it's my birthday month! While I used to get a little upset that I will be adding yet another number to my age, I'm now happy to embrace it.

It's going to be a pretty exciting June; the long awaited family stay-cation at Hard Rock Hotel, Jay Chou OPUS 2013 World Tour Concert, family photo-shoot and more! June got off to a good start with a movie date with my baby sister and brother-in-law last weekend. Trying to spend as much time with them as I can before they whisk off to Brazil. My sister has been going on about Hangover III since she's a huge fan of Bradley Cooper, so that was our movie for the night.

OOTD: Top from Perth // Bittersweet Embroidered Eyelet Skirt from MySpringFling // Bag from H&M

After watching the movie, I can only say that Hangover I was still the best. So if you have not watched the movie, well, I would suggest giving it a miss and save the money for Fast and Furious 6, if not the upcoming movies then.

Before I start jotting down the memories of what's to come, here's a round up of some of the happy memories from last month.

18 May 2013
Saturday

Been a while since I last met up with the Bud Buds and this day, we came together for a birthday celebration for the May babies, Gary and Jupiter. Instead of the usual places that we always patronized for our gatherings, this time round, I suggested Cafe Melba since I have heard and read pretty good reviews about it.

Since they don't take reservations, we decided to meet for a late lunch at 2.00pm so that we can skip the lunch crowd. Thankfully enough, we managed to get a table immediately. Ordered the truffle fries, a pizza and a fruit salad to share and I got to say, their truffle fries are really awesome! Our only gross was the fruit salad, SGD10 for a small bowl of grapes, honeydew, strawberries and blueberries. Michael was saying that for that price, we could have got a big bag of fruits at the supermarket or wet market.

Ambience wise, it's a pretty good place to hang out. Probably because we went there late so it wasn't too crowded. We didn't have to wait long for our orders to be serve and the service staffs were pretty friendly as well.

The May babies decked out in their birthday gifts; new tops from Frederic Sai and caps from Hater.
Group shot for the day with the best buddies anyone can ask for. Love you guys!

After the late lunch, we made an impromptu decision to catch Star Trek: Into the Darkness and luckily enough, we managed to get tickets at Filmgarde. This movie had been on my to watch list when I first knew that it would be released this year. And boy, I'm really glad I managed to watch it. It was really good, even better than the first movie!

On another note, I can't wait to for Monsters University to be released! It's been more than ten years since Monsters Inc and I can't wait to see Mike and Sulley back in action again! There's also Despicable Me 2 and Smurfs 2 this year! Can't wait for all these movies to be release!


25 May 2013
Saturday

Was honored to be invited to MySpringFling's tea party for their loyal customers and the launch of their exclusive and private FLING label. I have been shopping with MySpringFling (MSF) since 2006 and I'm really happy to see how much MSF has grown over the years. From selling handmade accessories to becoming a full fledged apparels business to manufacturing her own designs and then having her premium labels, Rachel by MySpringFling and now the exclusive Fling label, MSF has really grown by leaps and bounds. 

What's unique about MSF is that, for each collection, there is always a story behind it. For someone who loves to write and read, this really scores brownie points with me. I mean, looking at the various web stores and blog-shops out there, who really makes the effort to write a story for each of their collection? None that I can recall. You can read about the stories for each collection here

While writing this post, I also realized that coincidentally, all the outfits featured are from MSF!

I also had the chance to meet Cassandra See, former actress, who now runs AnyongSkin.com. AnyongSkin.com is a Hong Kong and Singapore company offering the best of Korea's highest quality, latest and affordable cosmetics. The brands that AnyongSkin.com carries includes, Etude House, The Face Shop, Skin Food, Nature Republic, Laneige, Isa Knox and Too Cool For School. 

As AnyongSkin.com had a space showcasing their products at the tea party, I managed to snag the Etude House Doctor Lash Ampule AD and Too Cool For School Dinoplatz Lost Identity in Mint, a color changing lip color that changes from mint to pink, both recommended by Cassandra. 

With the gorgeous and lovely Rachel from MySpringFling and the friendly Cassandra.
OOTD: The Cherry Blossom Girl Lace and Crochet Dress from MySpringFling, one of her earliest manufactured dress // Bag from Louis Vuitton // Sandals from Charles and Keith

All right, that's all I have for today. Till the next, have a blessed Thursday!

No comments: