Thursday, May 16, 2013

MOTHER'S DAY CELEBRATION

聽媽媽的話 別讓她受傷 想快快長大 才能保護她
美麗的白髮 幸福中發芽 天使的魔法 溫暖中慈祥
~周杰倫, <<聽媽媽的話>>, 2006~

No matter how busy we are, my siblings and I will always make it a point to celebrate Mother's Day with Mummy love. Mother's Day celebration for our family is nothing extravagant; most of the time it's dinner at one of her favorite Chinese restaurant since she prefers Asian cuisine to anything else. 

Mother's Day this year was a little special as we had a new member joining in the celebration and that's my kiddo brother's girlfriend. It was a double celebration as we were also celebrating her birthday which was last Sunday. 

Location wise, we settled for Imperial Treasure Nan Bei Restaurant at Ngee Ann City Level 5. It's been a while since we'd been there and as we were craving for some Peking duck, we decided to hold the celebrations there. This is one restaurant that I really recommend; for their extensive menu, mouth-watering dishes and impeccable service. Even though the restaurant was packed to the brim, the service staffs remained friendly and attentive; we had no problem trying to get their attention at any one time. They were also very thoughtful and surprised us with two baskets of steam longevity buns when they knew we had a birthday celebration as well. Other than lunch and dinner, they are also very famous for their dim sum and are always fully booked during the weekends, so do remember to make a reservation before hand.
 photo WM_IMG_0932_zps98c3563c.jpg
We don't choose our family.
They are God's gift to us as we are to them.
 photo WM_IMG_0925_zps41cae4bd.jpg
 photo WM_IMG_0927_zps49fb392e.jpg
 photo WM_IMG_0933_zpsb11f9f56.jpg
 photo WM_IMG_0937_zpsb4da1e64.jpg
 photo WM_IMG_0929_zpsb56943de.jpg
 photo WM_IMG_0950_zps51fd2d94.jpg
 photo WM_IMG_0944_zps91e60bf1.jpg
 photo WM_IMG_0948_zps9b4e6b50.jpg
 photo WM_IMG_0947_zpsbfd12c32.jpg
 photo WM_IMG_0951_zps31f9bcb8.jpg
This is why I love my brother (despite his nonsense at times),
we can always count on him to bring lots of laughter with his crazy antics.
 photo WM_IMG_0953_zps9a2af111.jpg
OOTD: Baroque shift dress from Green Poppies // Bag from Louis Vuitton // Shoes from Charles and Keith.
 photo WM_IMG_0955_zps53bfe786.jpg
Thank you Mummy, for all that you have given us, for your unrequited love. 
 photo WM_IMG_0956_zpsff5db28c.jpg
My life's greatest blessing, my family.
Over the years, I have learned to treasure time with my family more and more. Apart from work, they are my utmost priority and I put them especially Mummy love above anything else. Times like this are becoming more precious too as my brother-in-law will be relocating to Brazil for work in the coming months and my baby Sis will be following him. They will be there for the next three years and it won't be easy for them to jet-set back here so often.

To many others, being rich or having loads of branded goods are of utmost importance but not me. I may not be rich or decked out in branded stuff but that doesn't matter at all. To me, having this wonderful family of mine, seeing them happy and well is what matters most.

No comments: