Friday, March 22, 2013

Nails Talk: #SGSwatchFest - World Water Day

TGIF everyone!

I'm finally back to update this little space of mine with another installment of Nails Talk.

My apologies to those who are not into nails, my life's been pretty mundane of late; it's usually work and home these days and on the days that I do hang out with my friends, I'm so busy spending quality time with them that I ended up not taking that many photos. Will try to blog about last weekend though (even though it's stale news by now) cause it was an awesome weekend.

So, if you are tired of reading yet another post on Nails Talk, do feel free to click on that little "x" button on your browser. Don't worry, I won't know and even if I do, I won't mind.

For those who are still reading, a big Thank You to you and I hope you will enjoy today's Nails Talk!

It's another #SGSwatchFest and today's swatch fest is pretty meaningful. Other than my fellow polish-holics, I'm not sure how many of you know that today is actually the World Water Day.
The World Water Day is held annually on 22 March as a means of focusing attention on the importance of freshwater and advocating for the sustainable management of freshwater resources.
To know more about the World Water Day, you may visit the UNWater site here.

For this #SGSwatchFest, I decided to try my hands on a Saran Wrap mani also known as the Cling Wrap mani to show how the ocean looks like if we were to view it from space.

 photo greece-forest-fires-view-from-space-smoke-plumes-over-ocean-mediterranean-sea-satellite-image-nasa-earth-observatory-greek-g_zps51ec79a8.jpg
Image Source: www.network54.com

Colors used for this particular mani are :

1. OPI...Eurso Euro (OPI Spring 2013 Euro Centrale Collection);
2. OPI Can't Find My Czechbook (OPI Spring 2013 Euro Centrale Collection) and
3. China Glaze White on White

 photo SGSWATCHFEST_WorldWaterDay_01_zpsa89e030a.jpg
Taken under daylight lamp, no flash.
 photo SGSWATCHFEST_WorldWaterDay_02_zpsc61968fb.jpg
Taken under daylight lamp, no flash.
 photo SGSWATCHFEST_WorldWaterDay_03_zpsa42e4952.jpg
Indirect window lighting, no flash.
 photo SGSWATCHFEST_WorldWaterDay_04_zps4513c2e8.jpg
Indirect window lighting, no flash.

Amongst all the manis that I had done for the #SGSwatchFest so far, this has got to be the easiest! All I needed was three different colors and balls of cling wrap, some dabbing here and then, and it was done! Minimal clean up and headache free since I have the tendency to do my nails at night.

That's all for Nails Talk today! Before I go, just a heads up that there will another #SGSwatchFest for another meaningful cause tomorrow. Do check back here and also #SGSwatchFest on Instagram or Twitter for the other polish-holics's gorgeous creations.

And remember to always save water, not just for today but every other day!

No comments: