Saturday, March 02, 2013

Nails Talk: #SGSwatchFest - Spring

Hello lovelies!

It's the weekend again and we are also now in another new month! I can't believe January and February just flew past in the blink of an eye. Geez, time sure flies pass real fast! For those of who already have plans for the weekend, have a great time!
For those who don't, it's time to catch up on the beauty sleep and recharge the body and mind before the start of another week.

Last month, the girls and ladies from The Subtle Shimmer, The Frenzied Polisher and Nails by Sherilyn came together and started #SGSwatchFest. The idea was to get fellow polish-holics to come together and do a coordinated post on a common theme or color from time to time. Anyone can participate by adding the hashtag #SGSwatchFest when posting on Instagram/Twitter.

Unfortunately I was unable to participate the first time round since I did not have that particular nail polish. Thankfully enough, the theme for today's #SGSwatchFest is Spring, which means I can participate!

What comes to your mind when you think of spring? For me, it always the image of spring grasses blowing against the background of the clear blue skies and I wanted to create that on my nails.

 photo download-wallpaper-free-spring-26183_zps740480c2.jpg

I started off with OPI What's with the Cattitude from the Shrek Forever Collection. A lovely sky blue creme to reflect the clear blue skies.

To create the effect of the spring grasses, I painted Bonnie Lassie from Darling Diva Polish which I will be reviewing in the next Nails Talk, so do keep a look out for it!

Since I wanted a pastel effect, I decided to add on two coats of OPI Don't Touch My Tutu from the NYC Ballet Soft Shades Collection Spring 2012 and end off with a coat of Seche Vite top coat.

This time round, I also decided not to use the white light lamp that I have always been using my swatches and switched to using indirect window lighting and I really love this set of photos. Somehow the photos turned out much nicer and more natural too.

All photos taken below were without flash.

 photo SGSWATCHFEST_SpringTheme_05_zps78b91aed.jpg
 photo SGSWATCHFEST_SpringTheme_04_zps99526264.jpg  photo SGSWATCHFEST_SpringTheme_03_zpsfc7007bd.jpg

I have got to say this is one of my favorite jelly sandwich nails that I have created so far. The white hexes reminds me of dandelions dancing in the breeze among the spring grasses and I love how the holographic glitter flashes when they catch the sunlight.

Do remember to also checkout #SGSwatchFest to see the other gorgeous polish-holics' posts.

That's all for today's Nails Talk and I hope everyone will have a lovely and blessed weekend!

No comments: