Thursday, January 17, 2013

Bliss and Blessings

叮噹 聽著禮堂的鐘聲 我們在上帝和親友面前見證
這對男女現在就要結為夫妻 不要忘了這一切是多麼的神聖
你願意生死苦樂永遠和她在一起 愛惜她 尊重她 安慰她 保護著她
倆人同心建立起美滿的家庭 你願意這樣做嗎? 
YES,I DO.
~陶喆 & 蔡依林, <<今天你要嫁給我>>, 2006


Last weekend was another awesome albeit tiring weekend jammed packed with weddings. 
The last time my weekend was jam packed with weddings was last February. 
I never thought that it will happen again but it did. 

I have always love weddings since I was a kiddo. 
My favorite part of a wedding (in Asian context) is when the couple marches in the ballroom. 
The blissful look on the couples' faces is enough to send the big romantic in me into tears,
not that I always cry at weddings though. 

Over the years, I'm happy to have been a part of a few special people's big day, namely, the Twin and the Bestie. 
Seeing both of them walked down the aisle with their other half 
and embarking on another chapter of their life was one of the best presents that I had gotten in the last 2 years. 

Come March and June will be the special day of my 2 crazy girls, can't wait for the big day to arrive!

12.01.2013, Saturday
The wedding weekend started off with the holy matrimony of Kelvin and Su Ann at Marina Barrage. 
It was the first time that I went to Marina Barrage during the day and the weather was a killer that day! 
Still very much prefer going there in the evening or night. 

Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket

As I had some time to spare before rushing off to the next wedding, decided to pop by 
The Ice Cream Cafe with Jill to satisfy my waffles craving. 
It was my first time trying out Red Velvet flavored ice cream and it was awesome!! 
The waffles was also one of the best that I have had so far, 
can't wait t go back there for more waffles and ice cream soon!

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

After a satisfying meal of waffles and ice cream, it was then off to attend the wedding banquet of Zach and En En. 
This was also the third time that I attended a wedding alone, yes, alone. 
I gave the virgin experience of attending a wedding on my own to Shi Shiong and the second time to William.
As much as I detest attending weddings alone, 
each and every time I will still convince myself to go cause these people have a special place in my heart. 

En En and I have come a long way since the days of mIRC. 
We met in one of the chat rooms for one of the Taiwanese boybands, 
can't remember if it was 5566 and Energy. 
Looking back, I can't imagine that we were once groupies, 
spending half the day queuing up just to catch the boy-bands' performance when they were in Singapore. 
A blink of an eye, and 10 years just flew past. 

In the all the weddings that I had attended, 
I have to say En En's way of inviting was the most unique. 
To quote her, "Do you want to see me in my wedding dress?"
I had such a good laugh when I saw her message. 
How could I say no to this lovely girl right?

When I saw her walking in, in her gorgeous gown and a look of bliss on her face, 
I couldn't help but shed a tear. 
The little girl that I knew, who shared my love for mandopop, 
the one whom I always bumped into at the train station has finally grown up. 


Photobucket Photobucket

13.01.2013, Sunday
Ended Sunday with Kelvin and Su Ann's wedding banquet at Orchard Parade Hotel.
Had a great time that night thanks to my 2 crazy girls and the other lovely girls from CG.
These are the peoples who never fail to fill my days with laughter and joy. 
Looking forward to spending more time with them this year!

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
In case you are wondering how come I look different in the photos on both days,
that's because I had a change of color for my hair. 
For the past 6 years, I'd always stuck to black/dark brown whenever I colored my hair.
Last Sunday, my stylist decided that it was time for a new look. 
"New year, new look" was what he said.
I was quite hesitant at first but decided to place my trust in him as usual. 
And I'm happy that he did such a great job as always!
Really love how the color made me look brighter and more youthful.
Have received several compliments and those who have seen me have said that I look better with this color. 

Please don't ask me about the color name/code though cause it was my stylist's own concoction. 
If you are interested, do pop by Essensuals Bugis and look for Wayne Tang
Trust me, he's one very experienced stylist and you can always trust him with his recommendations.
I can say that because I'm particular about who touches my hair and so far, 
he's the second stylist that I have so far. 

Till the next, xoxo!

No comments: