Monday, December 31, 2012

A Jolly Merry December

"As you all can see, the ball has stopped halfway to its porch.
It's suspended there to remind us before we pop the champagne and celebrate the New Year,
to stop and reflect on the year that has gone by.
To remember both our triumphs and our missteps, 
our promises made and broken.
The times we opened ourselves up to great adventures or
close ourselves down for fear of getting hurt.

Cause that's what New Year's is all about, getting another chance.
The chance to forgive, to do better, to do more, to give more, to love more.
And stop worrying about what if and start embracing what will be. 

So when the ball drops at midnight, and it will drop,
let's remember to be nice to each other, kind to each other.
And not just for tonight, but all year long. 

Thank you.

~Claire Morgan, New Year's Eve movie, 2011~



Time really flies.
Before we know it, we are now at the last day of 2012.

To many others, 2012 hasn't been a great year but for me,
it has been a wonderful year despite the last few days of 2012 being filled with that little bit of unhappiness.


Truth to be told, I never expected 2012 to turn to be a such a wonderful year. 

2012 got on a rough start and I was having a hard time trying to get back on my feet,
trying to forget the bad that happened in 2011. 

For the first time in these 7 years, I finally got back to being the cheerful me.

For the first time ever, I felt truly blessed and loved by everyone around.

In this year, I made new friends, existing friendships grew stronger,

was given new opportunities at work, traveled to places where I never thought I would.

In these 12 months of 2012, I have to say that December was the best month.

In December I experienced both happiness, love and that wee bit of unhappiness.
Which is why, instead of looking back at the entire year of 2012,
I have decided to end 2012 with the best memories from December.



1st December 2012, Saturday

Kick started the December with a brunch and movie session with one of my closest friend, Nicole. 
We have come a long way since secondary school. 
Despite losing contact for several years, we managed to find each other again. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

9th December 2012, Sunday
Celebrated Sihui and Timothy's special day.
It was on this day that I met him again. 
I never thought that he would re-appear in my life but he did. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

12th December 2012, Wednesday
Met up with the Twin for our annual Christmas dinner and gift exchange.
As always, I had a wonderful time talking to the Twin. 
Thank you Twin for always staying by my side.
Thank you for loving me for who I am with no judgement. 
Thank you for all the memories that you have given me.
May our friendship grow even stronger in the coming years. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

14th December 2012, Friday
The day of our annual Christmas dinner. 
Theme for the night: Retrolicious.
Attended this dinner with mixed feelings as this will probably be my last Christmas dinner with the organization.
Thank you for all the wonderful memories that you guys have given me.
You know who you are and you guys were one of the best thing that happened to me for the last 3 years.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

15th December 2012, Saturday
My first Candlelight Service. 
A day filled with lots of laughter and wonderful memories. 
To you, thanks for turning up. 
Thanks for keeping me company and making my first Candlelight Service a memorable one. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

18th December 2012, Wednesday
Surprise birthday celebration for Winnie. 
Another wonderful night with awesome company and laughter. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

22nd December 2012, Saturday
Christmas celebration with CG.
My second Christmas celebration with this group of lovely people. 
Thank you for your love, support and everything else. 
Thanks for the wonderful memories you guys have given me in this one year. 
Thank you for making me a stronger and happier person. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

24th December 2012, Christmas Eve
To you again, thank you for what you planned for me on this special day. 
I truly appreciate your effort. 
Thank you for making me laugh the whole day. 
This Christmas Eve was one of the best in recent years. 

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

28th December 2012, Friday
Spent the day with the Bestie and Baby Xanthus. 
Brought Baby Xanthus for his last swim for the year. 

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

As we end the 2012 in a few hours time, 
I hope that everyone will have a great ending to the year. 
Let us remember the good and the bad, the happiness and unhappiness. 
Let us forgive those who have hurt us, and believe in Hope and Love. 
Let us continue to love those who love us. 

 May 2013 be a great year filled with an abundance of Love, Joy and Peace for everyone. 
 I shall end this with another quote from my favorite movie, New Year's Eve.

"Sometimes it feels like there are so many things we can't control;
earthquakes, floods, reality shows.
But it's important to remember the things we can.
Like forgiveness, second chances, fresh starts.
Because the one thing that turns the world from a lonely place to a beautiful place is Love.

Love in any of its forms.
Love gives us hope,hope for the New Year.

That's New Year's Eve to me.

Hope, and a great party."


No comments: