Monday, October 29, 2012

Nails Talk: Polish Us Pink

In the month of October, Susan from TheSubtleShimmer, along with a few other nail bloggers came together to create Polish Us Pink.

Photobucket

Most of you would have know that the Pink Ribbon is used to symbolize the Breast Cancer Awareness; hence for every Monday of October,
nail bloggers from over the world painted their nails pink for this event.

It's also my first time participating in a nails-related event. The reason why I chose to participate in this event was that it was something I could relate to, simply because I'm a woman.

My entries for Polish Us Pink was posted straight on Instagram and not here because October was a hectic month for me with all the travelling. With October coming to an end, I have decided to do a summary of my entries for Polish Us Pink here.

I created a Jelly Sandwich to kick start the event on the first Monday of October. As much as I love pink, it's not a color that I wear often. I'm actually quite grateful for this event cause it actually made me bring out all the pink polishes that I have (which is not that many) and actually wear them.

Photobucket
Colors used: OPI Pirouette My Whistle sandwiched between Heart Throb

Being outstation during the second week meant I wasn't able to try any nail art. Hence, I decided to use one of my untried, a not so recent buy from Rainbow Honey.

Photobucket
Colors used: Rainbow Honey The Worst Possible Thing over OPI Charged Up Cherry

For the third Monday, I decided to create my favorite color block design using three different colors.

Photobucket
Colors used: OPI Pink-ing of You, Models Own Soda Pop Pink and OPI If You Moust, You Moust.

Among all the designs which I did for Polish Us Pink, this was my favorite. It was my first time creating this design and I really love the color combination. It allows me to wear pink without coming off as too girly.

A gradient french was something which I used to do previously. Even though it takes quite a while since there are several polishes used, it's remains one my favorite design to date. Since it's been a long time since I did this design, I decided to do it for the fourth Monday of October.

Photobucket
Colors used: Base color - Orly Sheer Peche. Gradient - Zoya Astra, OPI I Lily Love You + Teenage Dream and China Glaze Material Girl.

Orly Sheer Peche remains to my favorite nude pink polish. I'd owned this polish since the flying days and it's my go to polish whenever I want to create a gradient design.

With today being the last Monday of October, I decided to create a vertical stripes design. This is also a design which I'd never attempted.

Photobucket
Colors used: Base - OPI Pink-O De Gallo. Stripes - Chinaglaze Material Girl (index and ring fingers) and OPI Excuse Moi! (middle and pinky finger).

As you can see, Material Girl and Teenage Dreams were used again because well, like I have mentioned, my pink polishes are actually pretty limited. Nevertheless, they are still my favorite pink glitters.

So there you have it, the above were my entries for Polish Us Pink. They may not be the best as compared to the other nail bloggers out there, but I had a great time creating each and every one of them.

For more information on breast cancer, do check out the following links. It does not mean that when October ends, the breast cancer awareness ends too. Regular screening will mean early detection and getting treatment in time!

Singapore
Breast Cancer Foundation
Breast Cancer Singapore
Singapore Cancer Society
Australia
Breast Cancer Network Australia
United States
Breast Cancer.org
United Kingdom
Breast Cancer UK


No comments: