Wednesday, February 29, 2012

HAPPY LEAP DAY

Photobucket
And we have now arrived at the last half an hour of February 2012.

Not forgetting that it's a leap day today! A day that happens only once every four years!Did you know one of the tradition of a leap day is that a woman is able to propose to a man on this day! This tradition is believed to have been introduced to balance the tradition role of a man and woman just like how a Leap Day balances the calendar.  A little information which I learned today.

Anyway, as I have always said, time flies and it really flies as you get older. February seemed to have just pass by like that. It seems like only just a week or two that I wrote about my thoughts for January and now I'm writing about my thoughts for February.

February has been an awesome month for me with lots of celebrations. Celebrated the matrimony of two of my very close friends, Baby Xanthus's turned a full month old, lots of feasting during the earlier days of February since we were still celebrating the Chinese New Year and spent lots and lots of quality time with my family and loved ones.

On the personal front, it has been a month of learning for me. It's my fifth month in the new division and there are still lots for me to learn. It hasn't been easy especially with the never-ending deadlines. Thanks to the support and encouragement from the angels around me, I've managed to remain sane despite everything.

In February, I also embarked on a new challenge, February Photo A Day. This challenge was started by an Australian blogger, Fatmumslim and I stumbled upon this challenge in Instagram. Although I missed on January's challenge, I'm really happy that I took up this challenge for February.

In a way, it also helped me with Project 365. Initially I was afraid that I would run out of ideas for Project 365 but with the Photo A Day challenge, I no longer have to worry. Through this two projects, I've become more aware of my surrounding and have pushed myself to learn more about photography. Most nights are spent watching tutorials and reading up on photography.

It hasn't been easy since I'm stuck in my cubicle most of the time during the week, so I make it up by making an effort to spend some time out on weekend. And having my iPhone with me most of the time does make things easier at times. With my iPhone, I can whip it out anytime I spot something interesting. As for my cameras, nowadays I only use them when I go on trips or holidays. Hopefully I can put them into more use.

And that pretty much sums up my February. I hope your February has been equally if not more interesting than mine.

That's all for now and I will be back soon for more updates! :)

No comments: