Tuesday, January 31, 2012

GOODBYE JANUARY

In another forty minutes, we will wave goodbye to the last day of January and say hello to first day of February. Just like that, and one month of 2012 is gone. Time really flies!

The past few weeks have been nothing but work, preparations for Chinese New Year, followed by visiting and feasting during Chinese New Year. It's been a long time since I had so much fun and laughter during Chinese New Year. So despite the fact that I ended up nursing a migraine and gastric problems last week, I still enjoyed myself a lot and added lots more of wonderful memories into my memory bank. Took a fair of photos this Chinese New Year but more of that in another entry as I've yet to find the time to download the photos from my camera.

If you have been following my blog, you would have realized that I've been posting photos everyday and each title is caption with "Project 365".

"Project 365" is my personal pet project this year. For 365 days, or should I say, 366 days this year, I will take a snapshot of what's going in my life and what I feel is interesting to me and upload it to this humble little blog of mine.

I'm not too sure how many people actually bother to take the time to read my blog but even if no one reads my blog, I will still carry on with this project.

All these while, I've spent pretty much of my time on work that I didn't have the time to really do what I like or pursue my own interests. It got to a point where I felt that my life was nothing but work and it got to a point where I started to feel so unhappy with everything.

Late last year, I decided to slow down my pace and started really thinking of what I really wanted. Do I really want to just think about money and lose myself and my sanity in the end? True, money is important, I need money to eat and survive, to pay my bills but I also believe money is not everything. Money can't buy me family, friends or health. Trust me, I'm not a rich kid, I'm just an average human being doing average stuff, earning an average salary. But I believe that as long as I'm contented with what I have, I don't need big buckets of money to make me happy.

Back to "Project 365"; I started this project because photography has always been my interest. I love taking photographs, be it of people or stuff, to me, it serves as a form of memory. That is why I always take thousands of photos whenever I travel. I used to carry my camera with me everywhere I go but nowadays I rely more on my iPhone 4S.

Although photography has been my interest, I didn't have to really focus on it cause work will taking a huge chunk of my time. So last December I decided that I will start practicing and I will take at least one photo each day and upload it here.

It hasn't been easy because most of the time I stuck in my cubicle but I wasn't going to let that deter me. So I opened my eyes bigger and started observing my surroundings more closely and I realized that all these time while I was busy with work, there were actually many things out there waiting for me to discover and appreciate. As time went by, I realized that I'm starting to enjoy shooting a lot more because there are new things waiting for me to discover and learn everyday. It can be shooting from a different angle to create a different perspective to learning a new way to post process the image. It has been a learning curve for me and still is.

Anyway, before I know it, I've already completed the first thirty-one shots of "Project 365". Right now, it's mish mash of the photos that I've taken on a daily basis but as time goes, hopefully the photos can be of a certain theme each week.

Other than "Project 365", I have a few more personal projects but I shall leave that for another post. Right now, it's time to prepare for bed and get some beauty rest.

Good night folks!

No comments: