Monday, June 06, 2011

UPDATES + HIGHLIGHTS OF JELAINE & YOGA'S WEDDING

To those who have been asking me when I'm going to update my blog, well, I'm back! 

Work has been hectic with new responsibilities and an average of 2 to 3 events per month. A typical week day goes like this:

7.30am
Wake up and prepare for work

8.00am
Leave home for work

9.00am
Reach office and have breakfast whilst reading news online

9.30am
Start checking emails

10.00am
Meetings, meeting and more meetings

3.00pm
Lunch

3.30pm
More meetings, phone calls, replying and sending emails

9.00pm
Leave office for home

10.00pm
Home sweet home

Judging by the above schedule, by the time I reached home, it's already 11.00pm. By the time I shower, have a quick dinner and quick chat with my mum, it's already midnight. All I want to do then is to plonk my tired body on to my bed and sleep.

Come weekend, it's heading back to work if there are events on Monday, more meetings with the folks at Smootree/Preloved/Agent One since I'm helping them with some marketing/administrative work, staying at home to do my housework or spending time with Mummy.

The only time I head out for some relaxation would be in the evenings for dinner or movie. 

So yup, the above pretty much sums up my life for the past 2 months and maybe in the coming months. Still, I will try my best to blog as often as I can. Hopefully, I can find the time to blog at once a week. :)

Anyway, here are some photos from Jelaine and Yoga wedding back in March.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Outfit of the Day
Dress and Clutch from Love, Bonito | Shoes from Hongkong
Watch from Esprit | Accessories from Tiffany & Co

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It's my first overseas wedding  though it's just in Batam and also my first time attending a military wedding (Yoga's a police officer in Batam).

The sword-bearers's ceremony (this is my own term since I do not know the proper term for it) was pretty impressive as compared to those in Singapore.

Just like a Malay wedding (Yoga's balinese though), the wedding couple are seated on stage through out the dinner. At times, the bride and groom parents will join them on stage.

There were also dance performances and a wedding live band to keep everyone entertained. Food wise, well, it could have been much better.

Other that, it was pretty much the same like any Chinese wedding in Singapore but still it was a good experience and we definitely had a wonderful time! No words can express my happiness for the lovely couple! Wishing them a blessed marriage ahead!

1 comment:

Meiyi said...

lunch at 3pm and only for half an hour ah.. ai yo yo..