Saturday, August 21, 2010

reposer et se détendre

reposer et se détendre, which means rest and relax in French.

Photobucket

Right now, I'm chilling by the pool with the breeze blowing lightly on my face as I type this entry.

It's our 3rd day and also our 2nd last day here and I can't bear to leave this place.

The past 2 days have been super relaxing; most of the time was spent at the villa, swimming, chilling out and doing nothing else. It's a break from all the endless meetings, generating reports and checking of hundreds of emails a day.

The reason why the workload is getting heavier is because 2 months back, the management had informed me that I will heading the department in another 6 months times. Since then, my manager has been slowing handing over the reins to me.

That's also the reason why the stress and pressure has been adding up. It's not easy to head a department and this is going to my first time heading my own department. Moreover, both my President and Chief Operating Officer always have high expectations in whatever we do.

Looking back, I'm really glad that I was brave enough to take the step and left my former company. If I had stayed, I'm 100% sure that I will never be given the opportunities that I've been given in my current company.

The next few months is going to tougher with us planning for the inaugural Singapore Accountancy Convention in November. After that, it will off to Kuala Lumpur for the World Accounting Congress. And all that means endless late nights and a full stop to whatever social life I'm looking forward to.

That's why I'm glad for this short break to rest and recharge myself before I gear up for the impending battle ahead of me.

And here some of the photos taken on the 1st day.
Photobucket

Photobucket
My other traveling buddy aka Javanese Heartthrob

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Waiting to board our AirAsia flight

Photobucket

Photobucket
On board flight FD 3525

Photobucket


Photobucket
This used to be a weekly sight for me back then when I was flying

Photobucket
Landing soon

Photobucket
And finally we landed in Phuket

Photobucket
En route to the arrival terminal to clear immigration

Photobucket
Heartthrob looks like a kid here

Photobucket
Our villa with our own private pool and outdoor bath tub


Photobucket
The vanity area

Photobucket

Photobucket
The unique "Do Not Disturb" door charm

Photobucket
Above the mini bar

Photobucket
Bouquet of orchids courtesy of the resort

Photobucket
Complimentary bottle of champagne from the resort


Photobucket
Heavy rain after dinner

* * * * * * * * * *

That's all for Day 1 and Day 2 will be up soon.

Going for another swim now.

Have a lovely weekend!

No comments: