Friday, June 26, 2009

Live As If You Were To Die Tomorrow

Live as if you were to die tomorrow.Learn as if you were to live forever.~Mohandas Gandhi~

When Kenny came to pick up me from home this morning to head down to Raffles Country Club for the BGT Golf Tournament, the first thing he said to me was, "Michael Jackson has passed away."

I thought he was joking but he told me he heard it on the radio. Since he was listening to 98.7 and they weren't talking about it when I was in the car, I switched on my mp3 player and tuned in to Class 95 instead. True enough, FD and Vernetta Lopez was talking about it.

I totally agree with them when they said that today is a black day for the music industry. I am not exactly a fan of MJ and I don't know many of his songs except for those popular tracks but I do think that he was a very talented guy and truly deserves to be called a superstar and a legend in the pop music industry. However, he was always in the news for the wrong reasons; even now that he has passed on, there are still people out that mentioning his child molestation charges.

My own reaction when I heard about his death on the radio is simple. Life is really short and you will never know when you will leave this world.

This is why I have been learning to:
Let go of plenty of stuff that have been affecting me (in a bad way) especially certain friendships which I realized it's not really worth holding on to it anymore


If it meant to be yours, it will be. If it's not, no matter what you do, it will never be yours. There are some people in this world who will take things or friends for granted and never make the effort to maintain a friendship. I don't think I am a great person but I dare to say that I have always treat my friends well and I will always be there for them (if not, try to be) whenever they needed me. Unless I am tired of being taken for a fool and it has happened a few times. Was talking to Joyce the other night and she told me, "the good thing about you is that you are very good to your friends yet it's also by being so nice to them that they end up taking advantage of you and you are oblivious to it." She's not the first person to have told this; Grandma used to say same thing before she left my side.


Over the last few months, I've opened up my eyes and try to see everything in a clearer manner and for once, I decided that "hey, it's time I wake up!" I am not saying that I'm not going to be nice to everyone else, it's just it's time I wisen up and learn who to be nice to and not everyone.

What's the point of being upset over these people? They might not even know and it's not worth it being unhappy and affected by them. I'm might as well let it go and be happier instead.

I am still learning and even though I have not fully succeeded, I am feeling much, much better than before.
Take Things Easy


For example, there were a few hiccups at the golf tournament and dinner earlier but I took everything in my stride and just tried to solve the problems instead of fretting over them. And hey, things wasn't really that bad at all and the whole event was a success. Of course, it's not only my work, it was our teamwork. The past few weeks and days have been pretty hectic for us (Kenny, Louis, DS and myself); having to manage our work, especially for the other 3 cause they have their own business to run and 3 of us (Kenny, DS and myself) slept only for a few hours last night. But it was all worth it because the funds that we managed to raise through this event exceeded way beyond our expectation.

This is why I have yet to post the entry on the last part of the Aussie trip and my birthday bash. 

Hopefully I will be able to do it these few days cause come next week, I am going to be involved in the set-up for WCG2009 and my finance paper.

Enough rambling for tonight. Need to get some beauty sleep otherwise I won't be able to concentrate in the production meeting for WCG2009 tomorrow morning.

No comments: