Monday, June 01, 2009

Travel Diary: Brisbane & Gold Coast Part 2


aussie trip-part2-01

22nd May 2009
Saturday

After getting 6 hours of rest, we woke at 10.00 a.m. (SIN 8.00 a.m.) and Damian was complaining that he seldom get up so early on a Saturday. As for me, well, I have no complaints cause that's the time I usually get up on alternate Saturday when I have to work.

aussie trip-part2-03
aussie trip-part2-04

aussie trip-part2-05

It was 11.15 a.m. by the time we got ready (after some lazing around) and headed down to Hungry Jacks for some brekkie so I shld say early lunch because they changed their menu at 11.00 a.m. After our brekkie and purchasing our tickets for MovieWorld (it was cheaper to get it at the visitors centre instead of purchasing it at the gate), we headed off to MovieWorld. MovieWorld was just a 10 minutes drive from our apartment so it didn't take us long to reach there.

aussie trip-part2-02

aussie trip-part2-14

aussie trip-part2-20

For the first time in my life, I actually brought along my plush toy Eddy with me to a theme park. The people there must have thought that I was a crazy woman because I received a few stares when I took Eddy out for some photo taking and when he wasn't out for any photo-shoot, he was in my bag with his head poking out of my bag.

aussie trip-part2-06

aussie trip-part2-07

aussie trip-part2-08

The sky was overcast when we reached MovieWorld and we were praying so hard for it to not rain. And luckily for us, it didn't rain until that night.
aussie trip-part2-09

aussie trip-part2-10

aussie trip-part2-11

aussie trip-part2-12

aussie trip-part2-13

aussie trip-part2-15

aussie trip-part2-16

aussie trip-part2-17

I
couldn't wait to get out of the area where we watched the Stunt Drivers performance because it was so hot. As we went in pretty late, all the seats under the shade had been taken up and we had to sit in the hot and glaring sun; I actually had my shades on through the entire performance.
aussie trip-part2-18

Photobucket
Photobucket

aussie trip-part2-22

aussie trip-part2-23

aussie trip-part2-24

The moment I stepped into the waiting area for the SHREK 4D Show, I found everything so familiar. And then bingo, I realized that I had watched it when I visited Universal Studios in Los Angeles in 2007. I thought that it might be different but sadly it was exactly the same so there wasn't any surprises at all. Of course I still continue to watch the show because SHREK is one of my favourite fairy-tale movie after all the Disney movies.
aussie trip-part2-25

aussie trip-part2-26

aussie trip-part2-45

After the show, we walk around the park for a while more before getting an ice-cream and proceeding to Main Street to wait for the parade to start. A short while later, the parade started. However, it was pretty disapppointing as compared to the parade in DisneyLand. The parade lasted for about 15 to 20 minutes and then it was over.
aussie trip-part2-33

aussie trip-part2-27

aussie trip-part2-28

aussie trip-part2-29

aussie trip-part2-31

aussie trip-part2-32

aussie trip-part2-30

How come the cleaning signs in Singapore are not in this color? This looks so much better than the yellow signs that we have. I am saying this not because pink is one of my favourite color but because it really looks nice. But then again, maybe it's the fact that we don't have it in this color in Singapore that I find it nice. If we are using this color all the while, then I might not be find it nice.

aussie trip-part2-34

aussie trip-part2-35

Walk around the park for a while more and then it was time to leave since the park closes at 5.00 p.m. (SIN 3.00 p.m.) Comparing all the theme parks that I have been to, give me DisneyLand anytime.
aussie trip-part2-36

aussie trip-part2-37

Stopped by Australia Fair for some grocery shopping before heading back to our apartment. The moment we reached Coles, the first thing I went to look for was the SARA LEE APPLE CRUMBLE and also SCHWEPPES LEMONADE!!! That's because we don't have them in Singapore. I had Schweppes Lemonade everyday and I even bought 6 bottles back to Singapore. Crazy right but well, the next time I can drink it will most probably be next year so I have got to bring some back to Singapore first.
aussie trip-part2-38

aussie trip-part2-39

The above are the view of Surfers Paradise from our apartment's balcony. And the above photos were taken at SIN 4.00 p.m. Yes, that's how dark in was. Since it was already late autumn, it meant longer night and shorter day.
aussie trip-part2-40

aussie trip-part2-41

aussie trip-part2-42

Rest our tired feet and watched Simpsons before going for dinner, having my second ice-cream of the day from Cold Rock Ice Creamery (I had ice-cream twice everyday for almost the whole trip!!! Baskin Robbins rocks!!!)and exploring Surfers Paradise. By the time we finished exploring 3/4 of Surfers Paradise it was pretty late, about 9.00 p.m. and most of the shops were starting to close for the day. With that, we made our way back to our apartment where we spent the night watching TV and more TV.
aussie trip-part2-43

My purchase for myself from MovieWorld, Gingy who's my favourite character from Shrek.

**********
That's all for Part 2. There's going to be more photos coming up so please be patient. Work's a little hectic and the BGT Fund-Raising Golf & Dinner is this month so there are lots of things to be done. Moreover, I am also preparing for my 2 finance papers this month so my time pretty much used up. But rest assured that I will upload them soon.

No comments: