Monday, May 18, 2009

Staycation Weekend

Finished work only at 4.00 p.m. last Saturday as there were some outstanding issues to settle for the NIKE Air Yeezy event this morning.

My stomach was growling so badly by the time I finished work and so Lay Peng and I went for our every late lunch at Causeway Point. Had to rush home to pick up my stuff and rush down to Central to meet DS for our weekend stay at Swissotel Merchant Court.

It was almost 7.00 p.m. by the time we checked in. Dropped our stuff in the room and went for our swim. Swam for an 1 hour after which we went back to our room and prepared to head out for dinner.


Photobucket


160509 - swissotel 02


160509 - swissotel 03


160509 - swissotel 04

Having stayed at Fairmont Singapore, Swissotel at Raffles City and now Swissotel Merchant Court, I still prefer the room at Fairmont Singapore but prefer the pool and ambience at Swissotel Merchant Court. The pool at Swissotel at Raffles City tend to be quite crowded even at night whereas at Swissotel Merchant Court, we were the only people swimming there. But when it comes to the scenary, nothing beats the view from Swissotel at Raffles City. We will most probably be staying there in July to catch the National Day 2009 preview or rehearsal.

Dinner was at the Sun with Moon japanese restaurant at Central since we didn't want to drive out. Took a stroll at Clarke Quay after dinner. Wanted to go club hopping but decided against it since I didn't want to waste money and I was very tired.

Breakfast was at Ellenborough Market before checking out. Headed back home to drop my stuff before going my facial appointment. Spent the rest of the afternoon doing up laundry and DIY manicure before meeting DS to catch "Angels and Demons" at The Cathay.

Am going to be pretty busy these few days. Lots of work to clear, ironing and packing of luggage to be done. Luckily my flight in the afternoon on Thursday so I can pack my luggage on Wednesday night.

Time to head out for another meeting.
Bye :)

No comments: