Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Day Before Xmas Eve

Have just finished taking a hot shower after a long and tiring day. Since I am waiting for my hair to dry, I decided to log in to my blog and write this entry.

The past 2 weeks have been such long weeks. As I mentioned in my previous entry, I have been down with fever and the fever never seems to subside. Just as the fever has managed to subside a little, my eyes started giving me problems. Went to the doctor earlier today and she said that the reason might be because of the crying that I have done recently and her advice to me was that I better stop crying so much since my eyes are exactly in a very good condition because of the cornea ulcer which I contracted previously. Even though I am afraid of what has happened, I can't promise myself that I will stop crying. The only thing I can do is to try and not cry.

All right, enough of the unhappy stuff for the time being. Shall talk about some other stuff instead.

Celebrated my company's annual Christmas party earlier tonight and I am really glad that everything turned out well. I was chosen to organize the Christmas party this year and it really wasn't easy with me being so sick and lots of work to be completed for the various events happening right after Christmas. Luckily, I had very supportive colleagues to help me out. From ordering the buffet, organizing the gift exchange session, sorting out the lucky draw prizes to the decorations and inviting my bosses friends but it's worth all the work when I see everyone enjoying themselves tonight.

This year's party is pretty memorable for everyone of us because it's our last Christmas at our current premises after more than 10 years. Which was why we had to make a grand event this year. The other reason was because our annual retreat was postponed this year due to the very busy work schedule. This is the time of the year for everyone of us - production department, admin department, sales and marketing department, creative department and our bosses to spend time with each other and enjoy ourselves.

Spent the entire day running up and down the office to ensure that everything was going smoothly. Downstairs to check on the decorations, upstairs to do my work and sort out the lucky draw prizes. By 4.00 p.m., I decided to stop doing my work because I really didn't have the time to be at my desk for more than 15 minutes. Spent the rest of the afternoon ensuring that everything was going smoothly. By 5.30 p.m., the caterers was already done with the buffet set-up and then it was time to shift all the lucky draw prizes down.

By 6.00 p.m., my bosses's friends started to arrive and then it was time to start the party. Only managed to sit down for 15 minutes to grab some food and from then on, I didn't managed to sit down at all as I was the emcee for the party and also to entertain our guests. Had a different partner this time round helping me because my usual partner Cedric is holidaying in Sydney with his wife. So this time round, I decided to pick someone from the production department instead. No worries about having no rapport because my production crew have known me for donkey years.

By the time we were done with the games, lucky draw session and KTV session, it was already 10.00 p.m. and that was when I could finally sat down and rest my feet because they were hurting so much from running around and standing in high heels for the whole day. Luckily DS was around tonight so I didn't have to worry about how I was going to head home.

As for the photos of the party, it will have to wait for a while because I will only be able to get them tomorrow.

Hair's almost dry now, so it's time for bed.

No comments: