Monday, June 02, 2008

Unlucky

Just came back from the police station after lodging a police report for a fraud case.
My title for this entry has said it all. I'm one big UNLUCKY GAL! Right now I'm not really in the mood to go into details but all I can say is that I can be real damn STUPID at times. Have been really unlucky recently, losing things, losing $$$ and falling sick. I wished I could say that I have not been affected by all that has happened but sadly I can't.
Have been so badly affected by everything that has happened recently that I don't even have the mood to revise for my exams. On top of that, I have been losing appetite because of a serious bout of stomach flu.
So many times I've wanted to cry but my tears just won't come. When I need them to come, they just won't budge, when I DON'T need them to, they wil flow like nobody's business.
Looking on a brighter side, I have completed the paper for IMC this afternoon. 2 more papers to go. PR on Saturday and Communications Management next Wednesday and after that I can take a breather and enjoy my Big Day.
Had wanted to get myself a lovely present this year but now it's all gone. Well, I can only blame myself for my stupidity. Shall take this lesson learnt as the present to myself. Will buy myself something bigger for Christmas then. Guess I gotta learn how to take things in my stride instead of whining away.
And now, the Movie Addict will share of the movies which she watched recently though you guys might have watched most of them by now. Due to my droopy eyelids, I will only talk about the recent movie that I watched, Sex and the City. For the rest, I will just rate it accordingly.
1 June 2008
SEX AND THE CITY
The Cathay
Movie Addict Rating: 5/5

Follow the adventures of Carrie (Sarah Jessica Parker), Samantha (Kim Cattrall), Charlotte (Kristin Davis)
and Miranda (Cynthia Nixon) four years after the series ended as they continue their lives in Manhattan.
Along with original characters such as Mr Big (Chris Noth), Magda (Lynn Cohen) and
Steve Brady (David Eignerberg), Academy Award Winner Jennifer Hudson joins the cast as Carrie's (Sarah Jessica Parker) new assistant.
Though I did not managed to watch all the episodes of the TV series, I bought and read the book and was really looking forward to watching it on the big screen. So imagine my happiness when I knew that it was going to be made into a movie. Despite having a stomach flu and having a paper today, I still dragged myself to watch it last night and I must admit that it was really worth my effort. The story, the fashion, the places...it was all so good. And the scene of Samantha shopping in Beverly Hills brought back memories of my trip to Los Angeles. Am really looking forward to heading back to US again. Which shouldn't be too long. *prays hard*
25 April 2008
Indiana Jones 4: The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
The Cathay
Movie Addict Rating: 4/5

Indiana Jones is enjoying a quiet life teaching before being thrust back into his old adventuring.
He races against agents of the Soviet Union for the crystal skull.
His journey will take him across New Mexico, Connecticut, Mexico City and the jungles of Peru,
as well as the warehouse from the end of "Raiders of the Lost Ark",
where numerous treasures including the Ark of the Covenant are kept safe by the US government.


25 May 2008
Made of Honor
Cineleisure
Movie Addict Rating: 4/5

For Tom (Patrick Dempsey), life is good - he's sexy and successful, not to mention he can always rely on his best friend Hannah (Michelle Monaghan). When she goes to Scotland on a business trip, Tom is stunned at how empty life is without her. He resolves to propose to her when she returns but is floored when she becomes engaged to a handsome and wealthy Scotsman and plans to move overseas. Tom agrees to be her 'maid' of honor but only so he can try to woo Hannah and stop the wedding before it's too late.
19 May 2008
What Happens in Vegas
Golden Village, Vivo City
Movie Addict Rating: 5/5

Two strangers awaken together to discover that they have gotten married following a night of debauchery in Vegas...
and that one of them has won a huge jackpot after playing the other's quarter.
The newlywed devise ever-escalating schemes to undermine each other and get their hands on the money - only to find themselves falling in love amidst mutual backstabbing.
And here are the trailers of the movies mentioned above to share. Enjoyed but if possible, do find some time and watch the actual movie.







No comments: