Friday, June 13, 2008

Happy Day


Woohoo!!! Exams are FINALLY OVER!!! Finally, I can relax for a week before the new term starts again. Now, I can only keep my fingers cross that I can pass...I don't need HD for everything, as long as I pass, I am happy enough.

**********


Met up with Pui Pui for dinner at Sakae Sushi at Marina Square last night. It has been ages since I last stepped into Marina Square. Nothing much has changed though...everything is pretty much the same. Had a very, very, very heavy dinner though...so full that I almost wanted to puke. Lolx. But still, I managed to control, otherwise I will get killed by PP for wasting his money.


Was on the way home when DS smsed me asking me if I wanted to catch a movie. Since I didn't have much to do, decided to alight from the train at Tiong Bahru and head back down to my favourite cinema, The Cathay to meet him.

For once, he was earlier than me and I didn't have to wait for him. *cheers* He was already in the queue to get the tickets when I had reached and when he saw me, he just told me "We are watching the show which you don't like." And I knew which show he meant. So far, of all the movies that I had watched with DS, the only one that I didn't like was "The Wind That Shook The Barley". At that time, I almost fell asleep and I couldn't wait for the movie to end. And after checking the showtime and hearing the lady at the counter telling him that no food and drinks were allowed in the theatre, I knew that we were going to watch the movie in The Picturehouse and realized that the movie that we were going to watch was "Black Book", an English + Dutch + German movie.



My first reaction was "Sian.....another artistic film again" and I told him that I can prepare to sleep in the cinema again.

This time round......


I didn't feel like sleeping AT ALL!!! Surprise, surprise, surprise!!! Instead, my eyes were glued to the screen and I have to admit that even though I didn't understand most of the conversation (the English subtitle did alot of help though), I really enjoyed the movie. As for DS, it goes without saying that he enjoyed the movie alot more than I do cause he's a fan of movies that are about war or history.



12/6/2008
BLACK BOOK
The Cathay - The Picturehouse
MOVIE ADDICT RATING: 4/5


To fight the enemy, she must become one of them. Holland 1944 - the final years of WWII finds the beautiful singer Rachel Stein taking refuge with a family in rural Holland. Once a popular and wealthy singer, Rachel has been waiting out the war like many Jews in Europe, separated from her family and a moment away from being caught by the Gestapo. In a chain of events, Rachel loses her family and pushed by vengence, and survival, she joins the Dutch resistance forces. Changing her identity to Ellis, she seduces a high ranking German officer to gain his trust and access to the regime's classified information. However along the way she uncovers trails of deceit and deception pointing to compatriots she once counted as her closest friends.



Ok...shall stop here for now...as my laptop is showing signs of going ku ku again. Shall go and watch the new Hong Kong drama serial, "法政先锋II". And then it's back to dreamland to get my beauty sleep so that I will have enough energy to drag myself to work tomorrow.


No comments: