Monday, February 25, 2008

OUCH


The clumsy me had a "wonderful" start to the day. 

Was taking my heels from the shoe cabinet and after putting my heels down, I stood up, and the next thing I knew, I had knocked my temple against the cabinet's corner. 

For a second I was seeing stars literally. It was so painful! Great way to start the day. Kept rubbing my temple on my way to work as I was afraid of a big bump forming. 

Anyway, 2 particular incidents happened today.

The first incident happened when I was on my way to class.

This particular auntie boarded the train at Buona Vista. And the guy standing in front of me was reading the newspapers with the headlines of Nicholas Tse hitting Edison Chen. Anyway, when this auntie boarded the train, she kept leaning backwards, I guessed she was trying to read the headlines.

A few minutes, she shifted her bag which she had put in on the floor and shifted her position, so now she was facing me. I thought she was just switching her position but it wasn't so. Suddenly, she took off her sandals and proceeded to sit down on the floor when she was wearing a super tight and short skirt. And she sat down cross legged, everyone could see..........I leave it to you guys to think about it. After that, she started to comb her hair as though she was in her own world while everyone was staring at her.

I know it's rude to stare but I couldn't help it. Luckily, I got off at the 4th station. When I come across incidents like that, the only thing in my mind is that I really admired their courage. But at that time, I just wanted to alight straight away because I felt so embarrassed and the guy sitting beside me didn't even know where to look.

The 2nd incident happened when I was on my way back home after class and this incident freaked me out!!!

Had just came out from the MRT station and was walking home while talking to Jas on the phone when this Uncle started calling me "小妹" and "小姐" repeatedly. I thought it might be one of Mummy's friend but it wasn't and Mummy's friends wouldn't call me "小妹" or "小姐". So, I ignored him and I told Jas not to hang up yet cause he was right behind me and I didn't know what he might do. I started to walk even faster cause there was a crowd in front me and when I didn't acknowledged him, he started cursing and swearing with all the Hokkien vulgarities. I walked even faster and I only felt safe when I reached the bottom of the overhead bridge cause there were quite a lot of people over there.

It was only then that I dared to turn around slowly to see if he had followed me and luckily he didn't. 

It seems that my neighbourhood doesn't seem to be so safe anymore. Lots of weirdos around. The worse thing is that I will be going home quite late now that classes have started again and I will usually take the MRT home cause it's a lot faster than the bus but if this happens again, I guessed I will have no choice but to take the bus. Otherwise I will have to get a car soon.

It's going to be a long and tiring week with the set-up of NATAS Travel 2008 starting tomorrow and classes. After that, I will have to prepare to head off to Kuala Lumpur for another set-up.



I need more time in a day. Can anyone grant me that wish?

No comments: