Monday, February 11, 2008

My Chinese New Year

For me, I really enjoyed my Chinese New Year this year; even though I was feeling so tired by the end of each day.
除夕 - Chinese New Year Eve
Had my 3rd reunion dinner, my 2nd reunion dinner with my family at home. After our steam-boat dinner, I spent the night helping Mummy to start preparing the stuff that she will need for the prayers at midnight and also doing the last minute cleaning up. After watching the countdown show on MediaCorp Channel 8, it was time to get the stuff ready for the prayers. By the time Mummy and I finished everything, it was already 3.00 a.m. in the morning. By the time the both of us headed to dreamland, it was nearly 4.00 a.m. *yawns*
The apples which Mummy bought.
Isn't it interesting with the 恭喜发财on the apples?
*Picture with courtesy from my sis*
And my wish for Chinese New Year this year?
To complete my degree. Hopefully I can pass with FLYING COLOURS but even if I don't, I still hope that I can pass.
My savings account to become even FATTER!!!! As such, I have decided to cut down on shopping and taking cabs. No more impulse buying, that's for sure. As for clothes, I have decided to cut down on buying too. No point spending money on clothes on the time.
To buy a car after I done with paying my course fees in July.
初一 - 1st Day of Chinese New Year
Woke at 10.00 a.m. in the morning...didn't want to get out of bed at all but still had to drag my lazy body out of bed. After dolling up, we accompanied Mummy to the temple at Pandan Garden to pray. Bump into Danny, Angeline and Kenny over there...what a coincidence. There were so many people at the temple that after praying at the Guan Yin Temple, we decided to wait for Mummy outside instead.
After sending Mummy home, it was time to head down to Daddy's place. After we finished our lunch with Daddy, it was time to head down to my 小姑 place. It's been so long since we last saw her and Grandma and since 小姑 was back from Perth, it was a good time to meet up with them too. What I didn't expect was that all my uncles and my little cousins were there too. It's been such a long, long time since we last saw each other. My cousins couldn't recognised us too but I don't blame them cause the last time we saw them, they were still little kids. Now they are all in primary and secondary school.
Rush home after staying for a while as Cousins YH and YT were coming over to my place for dinner. *Yippie* Dinner was the usual crapping session especially with Cousin YT around. As usual, we made fun of his size again. Lolx. It's the same scenario every year but still, we don't get tired of it. Hehehe.
After my cousins left, I actually dozzzzzzzzed off on the couch while waiting for bro's buddy Jacky to come up. Guess I was really tirrreeedddd.
Since we had a car this year, Mummy decided to go out instead of staying home and so we brought along our dearest Lucky Boy Boy to West Coast Park. Initially, he thought that we were all going up and he didn't believe us when we said we were bringing him along until we showed him his lease. He was so happy that he couldn't keep still throughout the journey.
Reached home around 12.00 midnight and after washing up and lazing around on the couch watching DVDs with Jacky, it was nearly 3.00 a.m. when I headed from snoozeland.
初二 - 2nd Day of Chinese New Year
Managed to sleep a bit later. Woke up around 12.00 noon, laze around for a while and then I had to help Mummy to prepare lunch as my Uncle, Cousin PL and Cousin JC were coming over. After I was done with all the preparations, I had to get ready to go over to Violet's Mum's place in Pandan Garden.
As usual, I spent my time playing with Gelsey and watching my bosses, Kenny and Danny gambled. Left around 6.00 p.m. as I had to go to my Aunt's place for dinner. And this year, Lucky Boy Boy got to go with us too.
After a sumptous dinner prepared by my Aunt and Uncle, Bro sent me and Mummy home. Met Damian for the movie "Kung Fu Dunk" at GV Gold Class at Vivo.
Enjoyed the movie a lot...not only because of Jay Chou but because the movie was really good on the whole with the special effects and all. And I must say Jay Chou's acting skills have really improved alot since "Initial D".
"Kung Fu Dunk"
Shi-Jie (Jay Chou), grew up in a martial arts school and is well-trained in kung-fu. With his kung-fu skills and good reflexes, Shi-Jie excels in basketball by mastering the slam dunk technique. Wang-Li (Eric Tsang), who is trying to locate Shi-Jie's real family, invites him to join the university's basketball team in hope of making some money. Shi-Jie faces new challenges while trying to blend in with the basketball team members Ting-Wei (Chen Bo-Lin) and Xiao-Lan (Baron Chen). With the upcoming basketball championship and the appearance of Li-Li (Charlene Choi), will the team members set aside their differences and personal feelings for the love of the game?


The ceiling decor at the Gold Class Lounge
Hanging around at Vivo City GV Gold Class Lounge while waiting to go into the theatre
Gold Class Menu
初三 - 3rd Day of Chinese New Year
The Princesses met up to watch the movie "CJ 7" at The Cathay. I really enjoyed the movie alot too....but I still like "KungFu Dunk" more!!! Hahaha...

We went to The Coffee Club at Hotel Rendezvous for a drink after the movie. As Nie Nie had something to attend after that, both Destinee and I proceeded to Dome for another tea session. It was just a R & R session with the both of us reading newspapers, browsing through magazines and having girls' talk.

From primary school till now...
初四 - 4th Day of Chinese New Year
Was supposed to meet Wilson Kor Kor to catch the early afternoon screening of "Ah Long Pte Ltd" but as the 2 of us overslept, we caught the the 3.45 p.m. session instead. Of all the 3 Chinese New Year movies that I had watched, I must say that I like the "Ah Long Pte Ltd" the least. No doubt, there were some parts which were funny but Fann Wong's acting in this movie wasn't really that fantastic. I guessed after watching her in "Just Follow Law", I was expecting her to deliver something fantastic but too bad.
Met up with WJ in the evening for dinner at Waruku at Central and we went to watch "CJ 7" again. Because WJ hadn't watched the movie, I decided to just watch it again even though I had watched it the day before.
So, that was how I spent my Chinese New Year this year. Even though, it was pretty tiring, I still enjoyed myself alot. It's been a long time since I last enjoyed myself during Chinese New Year. May all the Chinese New Year in the coming years be as enjoyable and happy as this year.

No comments: