Saturday, September 15, 2007

3rd Day in LA - Part I - Disney California Adventure Park




4 cameras on a trip and what do you get?

Tons of photos.

Visited Disney California Adventure Park, DisneyLand, Chinatown and Santa Monica Pier on the 3rd day. With the sheer amount of photos taken, I'd to split them into several slides. Part I is all about the Disney California Adventure Park. 

This was also the day when I was both happy and frustrated. 

Frustrated; because Shi Shiong was very grouchy and moody right from the moment he got up. He didn't join us for any rides at the park, leaving the 3 of us to take the rides. He left us shortly and went back to DisneyLand alone. I was frustrated because we went there together, we should enjoy each other's company. Then again, he had a phobia of the rides after watching the movie "Final Destination 3". Anyways, since he was so moody, I decided to leave him alone. 

Happy; because Shi Shiong's mood became better by the time we reached Santa Monica Pier. He became very playful and made us the 3 of us (Chian, Soong and myself) modelled for his "artistic" shots. 

It was the first time that I'd seen him in this manner. All the years that I'd known him, he has always been this quiet guy. Unless he knows you well, he won't talk to you much. It takes a long time for him to warm up. 

I found out later that he had been feeling down in the days leading up to this trip because of some relationship issues. There wasn't anything I could do because when it comes to relationship, only he and his partner can solve the issue(s). As a friend, I can only give advice and that's about it. 

What I can do as his Shi Mei is to stand by him and be there for him.

Every night during the trip, he would be the last to sleep because he was busy blogging and also waiting for that special someone to come online. When that didn't happen, it only made his mood worse. Seeing him this way made me very sad and probably because of this, i became very frustrated with him and caused some friction between the two of us. 

In the end, what was supposed to a happy adventure ended up with some unhappiness added in. 

Before I end, here's a little message to one of my dearest friend.

* * * * *

Dearest Shi Shiong,

Life is never a bed of roses. There's a time for happiness and a time for unhappiness. God made us go through certain matters for a reason. We might not know it initially but we will in time to come. 

In all these years that I'd known you, you had showed me that no matter how badly you fall, you will always stand up again. This is why I'm proud to have you as my Shi Shiong. You are one of the most important people in my life and you know it. 

Remember what you'd told me before? 

"The twins riding on the bull's back."

As that means, no matter what happens, I will always be here for you. 

We might have our differences and disagreements, who doesn't? Sometimes, it's only through these that we understand each other better. 

No matter what differences we had on this trip, I'd enjoyed myself tremendously. Enjoyed the company of yours, Chian and Soong (though I was arguing with Soong half the time). I appreciate everything that you guys had done, but I didn't have the chance to tell you with the both of them always around. 

Take care of yourself in Arizona. Have fun and enjoy the time there. Most of all, visit all the places you can. 

I pray that everything will work out fine for you. 

Trust me, you will meet the girl of your dreams one day. 

Someone who will treasure and love you for who you are. 

And, remember. That no matter what happens, I'm always a phone call away. 

* * * * *


Feeling so tired now. 

Operated a flight to Yangon earlier. 

Slept at 8.15pm last night and surprisingly enough, I fell asleep almost immediately. 

Smooth flight today, but had a bad headache halfway through the flight. Which got the CIC worried cause I had a headache prior to my anxiety attack previously. But I assured her that it was probably due to the fact that I hadn't been waking up early for the past few weeks. 

That's all for now. Be back soon!

No comments: