Saturday, March 31, 2007

Last Saturday

Have not been updating my blog for the past few days because I've been too tired from work. Have been waking up at 4.00 a.m. for the past few morning. And that's because all my flights were morning flights and my briefing time was around 6.00 a.m. By the time I reached home after work, it was already in the afternoon and I still had to iron my uniforms and prepare for the next flight. After that, I'll have dinner and then it's bedtime for me at 9.00 p.m. That's because I need to have at least 6 to 8 hours of sleep...so that I won't feel so tired when I go for my flight.

Anyway, just something to share...

In the 3 years that I have known DS, it's always to the movies or dinner whenever we go out. However, last Saturday was something different. Was actually very tired and had decided to stay at home for the whole day. Received a SMS from DS around 9.30 p.m. asking me if I wanted to go for dinner and catch a movie after that. My reply to DS was that I don't mind but I don't wanna meet too late cause I was working on Sunday. Suprisingly, he said ok and we met 10 minutes after that. Whenever we meet up, I will always be in very casual dressing (a tube top + shorts), however, I decided to put on jeans that particular night. Luckily I wore my jeans cause when he came to pick me up, he was all dressed up (shirt + jeans + sneakers). I got a shock, cause he doesn't usually dress that way whenever we meet.

DS wanted to watch 300 at VivoCity so we went there to get the tickets. By the time we reached there, the tickets for the show was selling fast, so we thought of watching Mr Bean's Holiday (Gold Glass) instead. However, DS decided at the last minute to go to Plaza Singapura to see if we could get the tix for 300. The only seats available at Plaza Singapura was the second row from the front....but before I had the chance to protest, he had already bought the tickets. I was cursing and swearing away because I HATE sitting so near to the screen. We had about an hour before the show started, so we decided to go for dinner. Whilst walking to his car, he told me that he didn't forgoing the show because the seats were so near to the screen...my reply was "Why did you buy the tickets then?" He said that he didn't know why too. He suggested going for dinner then going to St James instead. I was like, "ST JAMES?!!!" The only time I had gone to a club with him was Devils Bar and that was like 3 years back. And he actually threw away the tickets before he got into the car, but I told him to pick it up in case he had a change of mind.

When we reached St James, there was a long queue outside the carpark (carpark was full) and so he decided to go to Cafe Del Mar instead since the Sentosa Gateway was just in front of us. When we reached Cafe Del Mar, he didn't want to stay there cause he said everyone was in casual wear and he felt uncomfortable. In the end, we went back to St James. Managed to get a parking lot after going round and round the whole carpark. I was so damn UNCOMFORTABLE about going to St James because I didn't had any make-up on, was wearing my BIRKS and MY SPECTACLES! I have NEVER stepped in to a club in that kind of dressing before. Some of the irritating girls outside were staring at me when we were paying for the cover charge...feel like telling them to mind their own business. Argghh....

Spent about an hour or more..(can't really remember) at St James but I actually enjoyed myself. We didn't stay at each place long...checking each of the different room for about 10 minutes then moving on to the next room. It's been such a long time since I stepped into a club and the feeling is so different. Most of the time, I was either watching people or just moving around.

It's quite interesting to go clubbing once in a while but I guess I'm already past the clubbing stage. For me, I prefer to just chill out with my friends, catch a movie or just staying at home.

No comments: