Saturday, August 05, 2006

HELLO

Hello!

Welcome to my small, humble digital world. 

It's been a long time since I shut down my last blog but I realized how much I miss writing so decided to start one again. Hopefully this will outlive the previous. 

It seems only a while that we celebrated New Year's Day and somehow time accelerated from then on and it's now September. And what eventful nine months it had been. 

For a start, I'd made a career switch after 2 and a 1/2 years with the previous organization as a Project Executive in the events industry. I loved what I was doing but work was getting stagnant and there wasn't career advancement so I figured it was time to leave. It wasn't easy coming to that decision; 
the precious and wonderful relationships that I had forged with my fellow colleagues and clients. 

Joined SilkAir as a Cabin Crew thereafter. Never did I expected to get in but I did and I didn't know if I should accept the offer initially. After much discussion with Mummy Love and my friends, I decided to give it a try. At the end of the day, if I'm not suitable, at least I've tried and have no regrets. 

Unfortunately, the environment wasn't what I had expected. But I guess that's what you get when you put a group of ladies with different characters from different walks of life together. Started flying after 2 months of intensive training but was grounded after my 5th flight due to an injury. 

After being on ground duties for 5 months, I was ready to take to the skies again. The wound hasn't healed completely and when it does, it will leave a scar on my face. Funnily, I've come to accept it and I can head out without concealer or make-up. 

Apart from a career switch, it's back to school after a year's break. I'm currently pursuing an Advanced Diploma in Mass Communications and am left with one last module and graduation project before I graduate and then it's on to embarking on the path of getting a Bachelor degree. 

Though it's tiring juggling my flying career and studies, I have no regrets. Met a group of like-minded people and have forge a strong friendship with the Babes and Clowns (Kate, Jasmine, Damon, Joshua and Wilson). They have been my pillar of strength and support during this period. Without them I wouldn't have been able to get through the training, and when I was juggling flights and examinations. 

No comments: